With Workorder, you can use your own domain for your site for free. Setting a custom domain for your site is easy. Here are a few things you need to know before getting started:
- Your own domain that you purchased. These are typically available for $10-15 per year from one of the many popular domain name registration services.
- Some basic knowledge on setting DNS records on your domain. Domain name registration services usually also come with DNS services. Please refer to their documentation for details.
Setup At Your DNS Provider
We’ll assume that you already own the domain you want to point to Workorder.
If you’re pointing a subdomain of your primary domain (eg. buyhere.myawesomeservices.com), then create a CNAME record for buyhere and point it to pointer.workorder.io.
If you want to direct your root domain (eg. myawesomeservice.com), then create an A record to our IP address at 184.108.40.206.
Setup At Workorder
Go to Dashboard and click on Settings. There, you’ll be able to access your Advance URL options. Note: You’ll need to be logged into your Workorder account in order to see the link to access the options.
A modal will appear that lets you specify the custom domain you want to use:
When you click on Verify and Use Custom Domain, Workorder will:
- Validate that the domain you’ve entered is valid
- Verify that you have set up your DNS records properly
- Issue a SSL certificate via Let’s Encrypt
If any of these steps fail, you will receive an error message. In that case, please double check your domain and try again. If you’re having trouble, please reach out to us.