Note: As of August 2018, you need to connect your Stripe account before your site can be published (ie. active).
There are a few important details you need to know when using Workorder with Stripe. You should familiarize yourself with the following:
- Credit card payments (non-PayPal) are handled by Stripe, not Workorder.
- For disputes regarding any transactions (eg. chargebacks) or for information regarding the transactions themselves, you’ll need to contact Stripe as they are the payment processor.
- You must not use Workorder and Stripe to sell any prohibited items or services. Please review the list of prohibited businesses that corresponds to your country below.
- Payouts to your bank account is set in Stripe. Again, please contact Stripe for information as to where they’ve sent your money.
You will need to review the list of prohibited businesses for your specific country.
For the United States, you can refer to the following list from the Stripe website:
Setting Up Stripe
There are a few places where you’ll be prompted to connect to your Stripe account when you’re setting up your site in Workorder:
- Before you publish the site
- In the settings
To connect to Stripe, you’ll see the Connect with Stripe button:
When you click on it, you’ll be brought to Stripe’s website where you can:
- Create a new Stripe account
- Login to your existing account
You’ll need to authorize Stripe to allow Workorder to create orders on your behalf.
Once you’ve successfully connected with Stripe, you’ll be returned to Workorder and you’ll see the following: